http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mint-chevron-free-cute-summer-blog-BANNER.png

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Very Special Field Trip

Since I began this Homeschooling Journey, I knew I wanted to incorporate our family members in as many of the activities as I possibly could.  So I made plans for my Grandma, my children's Great Grandma to go on a very special field trip with us.  Our Field Trip was to the Harn Homestead.  A few days before our field trip I told the boys they were going to interview Great Grandma, and ask her about her childhood days.  So we discussed the differences in the way they lived when she was small to the way we live today.  Its really unbelievable how much things have changed since Grandma was a little girl.  The boys worked hard and prepared 10 interview questions each. 

We left early to pick up Great Grandma and then took her to breakfast at one of our fav's Cracker Barrell.  Brendan was the first one up....I think he was totally shocked and fascinated by her answers.  Then off to the Harn Homestead we went.  We walked around and looked at the one room school house, which by the way was just like the one that my Grandmother went to.  We did all the touring, Grandma was able to explain what a lot of the things that we saw were.  Once we got back to Grandma's house, it was Chayce's turn to ask the questions.  He crawled up in Grandma's lap and just soaked it up. 

It was a cold and windy day.  But, it was awesome....something I will never forget and I
hope my children don't either.  I always want them to know where they came from.....
What their true Heritage is...  Their Legacy

Grandma can give you a real appreciation for the simpler way of life..... the way they used to do things.
My Grandma has lived through a lot.  This past November she turned 89.
It was a special day for me.......just as much as my children. 
I hope that it was special to Great Grandma too.
Here are some of our pictures.











Yes, that is our Oklahoma State Capital.  The land it sits on was donated by the Harn's.

No comments: