http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mint-chevron-free-cute-summer-blog-BANNER.png

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Columbus Day

We had a lot of fun learning about Columbus.  However, I didn't realize so much controversy surrounded Columbus.  We went to the library and checked out several books and a movie on the subject, only to find out that each one contradicted each other.  It was a little exhausting trying to explain that to the kiddos, but we did our best and had fun.  I remember learning about Columbus when I was in school, but we were just taught that he thought the earth was flat and set out to prove differently.  So with that said I learned a lot myself.  Here are some of the days activities!!!

Here is our Santa Maria (made out of milk or juice cartons)


All of our research resources.

Fun little dry erase polka dots!! We use these a lot for spelling practice and vocabulary words!!

A Picture of Columbus

No comments: