http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mint-chevron-free-cute-summer-blog-BANNER.png

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Legos and Blessings

I told each of the boys this week that I would be giving them a test over everything we've learned so far in math (3 Chapters)  Normally I wouldn't probably test them, but since I have been questioning their retention of things learned I thought I would test them for my own piece of mind... AND they both aced their tests!!!  Brendan only missed one problem out of 48 and Chayce got a 100!!!  So that deserved a reward!!! 
Reward = Trip to the Lego Store
I called Ryan early that morning soon after we had completed our tests to tell him the good news and made plans to meet him at the Lego Store after work. 
He called me about 5 o'clock and said there was a huge line outside of the Lego store!!???  What???
Well I couldn't change my mind about their reward, that would have really upset my little A students!!
So I thought we will just have to wait in line.
Here's the blessing part.
It turns out that the first Tuesday of every month the have a  Lego Mini Build at the Lego Store. The projects are usually 25-30 pieces and usually something seasonal, you get to keep the mini build and its FREE!!!!!!
So we happily got in line and waited.  The line moved quickly and soon we were builiding our project.


We will be going back to this each month!!! November is a turkey!!!  Oh by the way, for any of you lego lovers out there we found a great website that you can print your own lego patterns.  We printed all of them and Brendan and Chayce sat at the table with their new box of 650 legos and built all night!!! They put new patterns out all the time!!!
Legofamilytime.com/familyfun
At dinner after the lego store we all talked about what a unexpected blessing it was that we were able to join in the fun on the lego mini build.  We didn't know it was that night, we were simply on our way for a reward box of legos.... God is Good and full of suprises and Blessings!!!!

No comments: